To develop a systems, such as Management Information System (MIS), A General Business System, we need to carry out a detailed systems analysis and design activity. For this purpose, we shall have an overview of various stages in this process.
System development follows an iterative process that recycles through each stage and almost all stages overlap each other. This is also termed as the System Life Cycle.
SYSTEMS ANALYSIS AND DESIGN PROCESS
The complete process of systems analysis and design may be considered as consisting of following phases
- Recognition of problem (Initial Investigation)
- What is the problem or opportunity?
- Feasibility study
- What are the user’s needs?
- What are the benefits?
- How can the problem be redefined?
- System analysis
- What must be done to solve the problem?
- What are the facts?
- System design
- How must the problem be solved?
- What is system flow?
- System testing
- How ready are programs for test?
- What is the actual operation?
- Should the system be modified?